Love the Filled Cupcake OREO? Then you'll love these cookies!
Chocolate cupcakes filled with frosting, topped with chocolate ganache, swirled with more frosting, all while sitting on a Filled Cupcake OREO. It’s the ultimate filled cupcake recipe that’s surprisingly super easy to create.
Although you do have to wait a few minutes to let the cupcakes cool before dipping them in chocolate ganache & icing them, we do recommend serving these bad boys warm. Pop ’em in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, just until the ganache starts to get super shiny & it will be perfect. The flavors of our cupcake recipe mixed with the OREO is indescribable. Possibly, what we think, one of the best OREO flavors to date. Check out more of our favorite OREO recipes: here.
- for the cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup & 1 heaping tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 package Filled Cupcake OREO's
- for the ganache:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- for the frosting:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients sans OREO's. Stir to combine.
- Line cupcake tray with liners. Place one OREO in each cupcake liner. Pour batter over OREO until cupcake liner is ¾ full. Bake roughly 20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted & comes out clean. Let cool completely & then remove from liners.
- In small mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients with electric mixer. Place frosting in frosting back with wide, round tip. Gently stick the tip of the frosting bag into the center of each cupcake & squeeze until first sight of frosting appears. Immediately remove & repeat until all cupcakes are filled.
- In small bowl microwave the heavy whipping cream until it begins to bubble, roughly 1 minute. Stir in the chocolate chips immediately until the ganache forms. Dip the top of each cupcake into ganache & set aside.
- Place small, round tip onto frosting bag & create a repeated loop line from one end of the cupcake to the other. Serve warm & enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
About the Contributor
Caitlin is the founder of Chicago based lifestyle web publication Public Lives, Secret Recipes which specializes in recipe development, DIY tutorials, fashion posts, & much more. Aside from the blog, Caitlin is the founder of Krispops, a crisped rice cake pop company, that you can order online! Be sure to shop Krispops here & follow PLSR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest!